- Residents' AssociationsRAs
- Alton & District
- Ackender Road Residents’ Association
- The Alton Society
- Amery Hill Residents’ Association
- Ashdell Residents' Association
- Eastbrooke & Wooteys Residents’ Association
- Holybourne Village Association
- Upper Anstey Lane & Old Odiham Road
- Treloars Estate Residents’ Association
- Alton Neighbourhood Plan Monitoring Group
- Church Triangle Residents Association
- ADRA : A little about what we do...
- News & Information
- Calendar of Events
- Start Your Own RA
- Find Your RA
- Alton : Who should you contact about...?
ADRA December 2018 Update
Tuesday 4th December, 2018
Local Plan: At our last ADRA meeting, we discussed how we should raise awareness of Alton’s residents about the consultation on the East Hampshire District Council (EHDC) Local Plan. We understand that this is expected to be out for a 6 week consultation in January. It’s so important that residents of Alton are aware this is coming, and are able to express their views. This will determine how many houses, where they go, what infrastructure is needed, amongst other development matters. It’s also a plan to 2036!
ADRA is considering leaflets drops and banners, as well as information on our website and maybe the local paper, for greatest reach.
Planning Committee meetings: It’s been a busy month or so for planning applications being discussed at Planning Committee meetings, which were held in Alton, and which some ADRA members attended – with the decisions on the development at Lynch Hill and residential development on land east of Selborne Road both being deferred. Issues such as importance of development not breaching the skyline, proximity to existing housing, and access were a few of the issues of concern which have been expressed.
Lynch Hill applications will be on the Planning Committee agenda for Thursday 6th December.
A gas fired power plant application at the bottom of Worldham Hill is of concern particularly to Ashdell RA. This is the link where you can have your say until 10th December: