Alton Society are committed to stimulating interest in the town’s past, present and future while encouraging appropriate development of Alton and its infrastructure.
What we do....
- Provide a respected voice representing local opinion on a wide range of issues.
- Facilitate activities and initiatives to lobby for or against issues which impact on Alton.
- Comment on and if necessary lobby for/against planning applications.
- Produce a regular newsletter which reports on current topical issues.
- Conduct monthly conservation activities in Flood Meadows.
- Advise the Town Council on tree preservation matters.
- Maintain a committee which is highly respected by the wider community.
- Make an annual award to an Altonian who has made an outstanding contribution to the town.
- Make the annual John Ambrose Award for good building development, new or restored.
Contact Details : Bob Booker (Events co-ordinator) - email@example.com - 07968192323 - www.altonsociety.org.uk