East Hants District Council are defining a new Local Plan to replace the current Plan called The Joint Core strategy. Public Engagement in this process will commence from January next year. The new Plan will undoubtedly have an impact on the Alton Neighbourhood Plan and this is being closed monitored by the Town Council.
- The Government has made a demand for all planning Authorities to prepare updated local plans to 2036.
- EHDC have a sound plan in place, but despite this have to comply with the Government Directive or Developers will be able to apply to develop sites in an uncontrolled ad hoc manner with no caps on numbers (per Jul 2018 revised National Planning Policy Framework).
- EHDC have started the process of preparing a revised plan and have a timetable in place as follows:
- Jan 2018 - Notification of revised plan implementation as set out in: East Hampshire District Council Local Development Scheme January 2018 http://www.easthants.gov.uk/sites/default/files/documents/LDS%202018.pdf
- Feb - May 18 - Issued a “Call for Sites which lasted for 12 weeks and concluded on 04 May 18. For more detail see - http://www.easthants.gov.uk/sites/default/files/documents/LAA%20-%20Call%20for%20Sites%20FAQ.pdf
- 16 May 18 - Conducted a Early Engagement Vision and Objectives with Councillors, Town and Parish Councils and Neighbourhood Planning Groups (Attachment below)
- Remaining timetable is as follows:
- 2018/19 Quarter 4 - Regulation 18 Public Consultation (evidence base gathering, early egagement and initial consultations)
- 2019/20 Quarter 1 - Regulation 19 Publication of draft Local Plan
- 2019/20 Quarter 3 - Regulation 22 Submission of Local Plan for approval (Government Examiner)
- 2020/21 Quarter 1 - Examination and amendments complete.
- 2020/21 Quarter 2 - Adoption of updated Local Plan
- For more in depth reading go to:
- What is planning? - http://www.easthants.gov.uk/what-planning-where-can-i-find-out-further-information
- National Planning Policy Framework: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/740441/National_Planning_Policy_Framework_web_accessible_version.pdf
- Planning regulations where from which Regulation 18, 19 and 20 emerge can be seen at - http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2012/767/pdfs/uksi_20120767_en.pdf